The Down Syndrome Federation of India (DSFI) proposes to institute 3 awards for deserving candidates from the Asia Pacific Region who are tirelessly working for the cause of Down syndrome. These awards will be given by the Babli Foundation. The 3 categories for which nominations are invited are
- Outstanding Research in the area of Down syndrome
- Outstanding effort for the cause of Down syndrome
- Outstanding Self advocacy- for persons with Down syndrome
The purpose of the APDSF annual awards is to recognize those who have made significant contributions that have influenced positive change in the field of Down syndrome in the Asia Pacific Region.
The following general guidelines apply to ALL APDSF awards:
- A candidate may not nominate himself or herself or his/her organization.
- Recipients can receive an award in only one category.
- Decision of the Awards Committee is Final
- Activities of recipients must have a national or international impact.
- No posthumous awards will be given.
- No member or staff of DSFI is eligible for an award during his or her term of office.
- Individuals may not be considered if they have received an award from the Babli Foundation within the last 10 years
- Photograph of nominee is a must with the form during nomination
- Incomplete nominations will not considered by the Awards Committee.
Candidate may be a provider of service to persons with Down syndrome, an academician, a researcher, a legislator, an educator, a communications media specialist, an administrator, a family member, or a person with Down syndrome. Candidates should support the ideals and mission of APDSF, but do not need to be members of APDSF in order to be nominated.The Award may recognize and honor an individual or an organization:
- Whose outstanding service and unique efforts have made significant advances in understanding and knowledge in the field of Down syndrome; or
- Whose efforts have called attention to the persons with Down syndrome and consequently enhanced the delivery of services; or
- Whose efforts have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to the field of Down syndrome; or
- Whose efforts have resulted in an improved quality of life for a significant number of persons with Down syndrome, or
The Award may recognize and honor an individual with Down syndrome or a family member who has made a distinctive and unique contribution through which a significant number of persons with Down syndrome have benefited from an improved quality of life.Awards Committee
- S. Suresh, India – Chair of the Committee
- Priya Chandrasekhar, India
- Angus Graham, Australia
- BhavaniSriram, Singapore
- Lalita Joshi, Nepal
Khivraj Complex II, 2nd Floor, 480, Anna Salai, Nandanam, Chennai - 600035
Or mail us the scanned copy of the filled in nomination form along with the photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org